|Time||11:00 - 12:00|
|Contact||Lucia Di Paolo|
Focus topic and objectives
Digital money, in particular digital central bank money (so-called Central Bank Digital Currency, CBDC), offers a potentially significant social and economic added value. The question is therefore not whether, but only when and in what form it will be introduced, generally accepted and widely used. Furthermore, as shown in the recent SBA Discussion Paper “New currencies for Switzerland?“, the impact on the business model of banks may be expected to be substantial, and hinges on the design and use of the digital currencies.
We will cover topics such as the key elements of digital currencies that improve the economic competitiveness compared to today’s systems, the banks’ view on the specific project of a digital euro, and others. In one hour, you will get:
- an overview of the current discussions and trends on the topic of digital currencies,
- an impetus for a material discussion with and within banks, and
- the opportunity to discuss the topic with two distinguished experts in this field.
The webinar is mainly directed to experts and senior managers in digitalization & innovation, business development, payments, risk management, public affairs and related areas.
Our distinguished guest speakers are:
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Niepelt, Director Study Center Gerzensee, Professor University of Bern and Leader CEPR Research and Policy Network on FinTech and Digital Currencies
- Pablo Urbiola, Head of Digital Regulation and Trends, BBVA, Madrid
Members CHF 0.00
Non-members CHF 200.00
The webinar will be held in English.
|11.00||Welcome||Oliver Buschan, SBA|
Digital money warrants new thinking
|Martin Hess, SBA|
CBDC: Disintermediation? State Banking?
|Dirk Niepelt, University of Bern|
Digital euro: a perspective from the banking sector
|Pablo Urbiola Ortún, BBVA|
|11.35||Panel Discussion, Q&A||Moderator:
Thomas Rühl, SBA